Begin by enrolling in HNB Online Banking below or at an HNB branch.
Then, customize your banking experience with any (or all) of our digital products.
Click on the products below for more information.
HNB Mobile Banking App Remote Deposit Anywhere Bill Pay
Apple Pay™ Person To Person Payments eDocs
HNB Guard Dog QuickBooks® and Quicken® Email/Text Alerts
Visa Checkout Mobile Browser Banking & Text Alerts Bank-to-Bank Transfers
- Check your balances on checking, savings, and loan accounts
- View your checks – front and back
- Review current and prior transactions – even previous statements
- Review ATM transactions and point-of-sale (POS) purchases
- Receive your HNB green statements and notices
- Pay bills (Send them electronically or we’ll mail the check!)
- Set up Mobile Banking
- Complete Bank to Bank transfers
- Set up email and text alerts for events such as low balances, ACH credits/debits, bill payments paid, specific items, and more!
- Transfer funds, place stop payments, activate and/or report debit cards, and more!
- View account transactions and balances.
- View checks and statements.
- Make transfers between accounts.
- Pay bills (send them electronically or we’ll mail the check!).
Watch a short how-to video!
- Manage debit or ATM cards.
- View alerts.
- View HNB locations.
- Deposit checks by enrolling in Remote Deposit Anywhere. (learn more below)
- Make Person To Person Payments. (learn more below)
- For even more convenient access, use “TouchID” to quickly and easily use your fingerprint to authenticate or “Remember Me” to prefill your ID for future logins.
Enroll within the HNB Mobile Banking App – log into the app, select the “deposits” option, and then follow the prompts to enroll. Current Remote Deposit Anywhere accounts include checking, savings, and money market accounts. You will receive a confirmation email after enrollment.
To make a deposit after enrollment, open the latest version of the HNB Mobile Banking App, sign in, click the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner, click “Remote Deposit”, click the plus sign, take pictures of the front and back of your check, select the account you would like to deposit the check into, enter the check amount, select “deposit” or “submit,” and you’re done! It’s that simple!
HNB’s Bill Pay offers you the convenience of paying your bills automatically each month, or with the click of your mouse. It’s Safe, Easy, and FREE! HNB pays the monthly fees for your service. With postage costs continually rising, now you can save even more! Vendors that do not accept electronic payments will receive a paper check sent through the US Postal Service (USPS). Electronic payments are usually delivered faster than paper checks. Authorize your payments far enough in advance to allow for sufficient time for them to be delivered by your due date. Access to the Bill Payer Service will be suspended after 90 days of inactivity.
- Payments made by check through Bill Payment will be deducted from your account only after the payment has been received by your payee, and the check has cleared.
- Once you successfully sign in to HNB Online Banking, Bill Payment is one of the options you can access. No additional login is required for Bill Payment.
- You now have the ability to pay bills from multiple checking accounts!
- Payments are processed twice a day, Monday through Friday, 3 a.m. and 1 p.m. EST.
- You can pay up to 10 bills from one page by selecting payees from your list. With our prior service you processed payments for one payee at a time.
- You can make address changes for established vendors.
In an effort to remain at the top of technological advancements, reduce potential fraud, and provide the convenience to pay without a physical card; The Honesdale National Bank offers Apple Pay™ for its debit card users. Apple Pay™ is a digital payment service for contactless point-of-sale and in-app payments. It utilizes Visa® Token Service (VTS) to deliver new levels of payment security.
To begin using Apple Pay™, first input your debit card information in the Wallet app. If your debit card is already enrolled in iTunes™, you will have a seamless experience adding your card to Apple Pay™. If you do not already have your card enrolled in iTunes, your request will enter a “Verification status”. This status requires the bank to confirm additional information before changing the status to “Active”. Customers that enter the “Verification status” will be prompted with a screen to contact HNB (800-HNB-9515 or 570-253-3355). Once the token is activated by HNB you will be able to process transactions using Apple Pay™ where accepted.
When making a purchase, Apple Pay™ uses tokenization to complete the transaction. Tokenization is a protective measure that converts the card’s actual information into a series of random numbers and letters. In doing so, the actual card information is not available to the merchant – keeping all of your information secure.
Personal payments are easy and secure with HNB’s Person to Person Payment service. Enroll in this service through HNB Online Banking. After enrollment, you can begin adding payees and making payments.
To make payments, you just need the payee’s name and email address. You will supply them with a keyword you choose, they’ll receive an email, and then they will proceed to enter the keyword and their bank account information in the secure site to complete the transfer.
After your initial payment, payees may be added and payments may be made using the HNB Mobile Banking App.
Consumers will have a per day maximum dollar limit of $1,000 and a per item maximum dollar limit of $1,000. Businesses will have a per day maximum dollar limit of $2,500 and a per item maximum dollar limit of $2,500. Each transaction will be assessed a fee of $0.99. If the Person to Person Payment service remains inactive for six (6) months, an inactivity fee of $5 will be charged to the associated checking account. This fee will be charged every month of inactivity thereafter.
- Frequently asked questions
- How to set up the Person to Person Payment system
- How to set up payments
- How your payees will receive payments.
You can pair your HNB Debit Card with Visa Checkout for a safe, simple, and easy way to check out online. To get started, visit the Visa website to create an account. You will enter your HNB debit card information once, to use for future web purchases. Then, while shopping online, look for the Visa Checkout logo to access your card information.
HNB Online Banking customers can now receive account statements and notices electronically. eDocs are just like your original paper statement or notice, but are accessed online rather than delivered by U.S. Mail. They can be viewed, saved, or even printed if you must. They’re environmentally friendly, delivered quickly, and accessible anywhere!
HNB Guard Dog – receive debit card alerts!
You’re busy! And instead of checking your account daily, you can receive alerts when certain debit card transactions occur. HNB Guard Dog with smsGuardian® is a service which will send you a text message when certain transactions occur with your card. Click here to learn more!
Own your business and simplify your life with the power to manage your money more effectively! Download your account information into QuickBooks® or Quicken® using Web Connect through HNB Online Banking.
- No manual entry – once you’re set up, you can download all transactions into QuickBooks® or Quicken® instead of hours of typing them by hand.
- Automatically reconcile data – the data download includes complete transaction and balance information to make categorization and account reconciliation easy.
- No duplicate transactions – a special transaction-matching algorithm prevents the download of duplicate transactions.
- Easier to use – the download files may be automatically opened by QuickBooks® or Quicken® directly from your HNB Online Banking account, which eliminated the needs to search for downloaded files.
- Automatic account setup – Simply initiate a download to QuickBooks® or Quicken® from HNB Online Banking and your accounts will be set up for you, with your data already up-to-date.
How to get started:
- Access downloaded files through your HNB Online Banking account. See how!
- Once set up, your Customer ID and password will be the same as your username and password for your HNB Online Banking account.
- With this information, you are ready to enable your accounts in QuickBooks®. For assistance, please see a QuickBooks Getting Started Guide.
Email/Text Alerts – set up your own alerts!
You can set up email and text alerts for events such as low balances, ACH credits/debits, bill payments, specific items, and more! Never worry about your balance going below the amount you need to make that automatic payment again! Simply set up a balance alert and we’ll automatically text or email you to let you know when it is below the amount you set. Stop wondering if the payment you sent on bill pay was received or if your paycheck was deposited this week. Set up alerts, and we’ll let you know!
To set up text or email notifications, sign in to your HNB Online Banking account, click on the “Options” tab, then click on the “Alerts” tab. Here you can select “Events”, “Balance”, “Item”, or “Personal” Alerts, and set them up.
Mobile SMS Text Alerts – text keywords!
Make general account inquiries by texting your bank specific keywords to request basic account information. This service sends SMS text messages as confirmation of processed payments and funds transfers. You can obtain account balance, account history and alerts for transfers, and/or bill payments.
With Bank-to-Bank Transfers, you can easily move money between your HNB deposit accounts and your deposit accounts at other U.S. financial institutions – including banks, credit unions, and brokerage accounts.
- Move money into your HNB account daily
- Move money out of your HNB account daily
- Set up recurring transfers
Have a loan with HNB? Now you can make your payment by transferring funds from an account at another financial institution. There are two (2) options: (1) Recurring Payments – register and save your personal information, and then sign in with an ID and password to make future payments; or (2) Quick Payments – requires entry of your personal information each time you make a payment.
To access this feature, a “Quick Loan Payment” link is on our home page.