Dollar the Dragon Kid’s Savings Accounts
Build Strong Savings Habits From the Start!
The HNB Kid’s Savings Club is a great resource for kids up to the age of 14 to learn the value of savings. As a penny saved is a penny earned, the Kid’s Savings Club aims to provide tools and engaging activities to support the development of strong savings habits that will lead to strong money management skills. They will create a positive banking experience and build a long-lasting relationship with a bank while having fun and learning with games and activities!
Joining the Club
Whether it is money from the tooth fairy, birthday cash, or an allowance, the HNB’s Kid’s Savings Club is the perfect account for kids age 14 and under. Parents or guardians can help children open their accounts with a deposit of $5.00 or more and teach them the importance of saving money.
Upon opening the Dollar the Dragon Club Account, the child will be given a Mini Dragon Bank, a binder for their statements, an insert for the binder cover sleeve that they can color and personalize, a Club Saver Card and a sticker for their initial deposit.
- Parents, accompanied by their child aged 14 or younger, may open a statement savings account in the child’s name using the PAUTMA registration
- Parent/Guardian photo or other ID is required along with verification of the child’s Social Security Number
- Existing HNB Savings Accounts (including account number) may be transferred to a club account
- Minimum balance to open is $5.00 (no fees for falling below $5.00)
- All balances earn the current statement savings account rate (variable)
- Quarterly statements
- Free Online, Mobile and Telephone Banking
- Upon attaining the age of 14, the account will be automatically converted to a regular savings account. Parents may opt to convert the account to The U Club Savings and/or Checking Account prior to the child reaching their 14th birthday. Notification of the change will be sent to the account holder.
- Every deposit earns one coin sticker per visit. (Deposits by mail, ATM or direct deposit do not qualify for coin stickers.)
- Bring your spare change to the bank and use our coin counting machine to earn a bonus sticker.
- Fill a card with five stickers and choose a prize from the first level in the dragon’s lair at your local HNB office. (Not all items may be available for immediate delivery when Club Members visit the bank to redeem their card and stickers.)
- Fill more than one card and choose from higher prize levels.
- Stickers are limited to one per visit/day – two if depositing the Coin Machine Receipt amount.
- Every card filled with five stickers can be “cashed in” for a gift from the Dragon’s Lair or saved and combined with other filled cards for more valuable treasures.
- A newsletter will accompany quarterly statements with updates, games, education, new prizes and more.
- Each member will receive a birthday card with a bonus sticker inside to celebrate.
Dragon’s Lair Treasures
Cards filled with stickers can be redeemed as follows:
Foam Flyer – Lucite Ruler – Fun Putty – Sunglasses – Kick Ball – Pencil
Water Bottle – Sports Safe – Magic Spring – Jump Rope – Paddle Ball – Kaleidoscope
Spin Light – Carabiner/Calculator – Yo Yo – Foam Squirter – Flashlight
Clock – Gumball Machine – Plush Dragon
Deluxe Dollar the Dragon Backpack
Club guidelines as well as the availability of Dragon’s Lair items and scheduled activities are subject to change.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Disclosure: