Kids Savings Club
Build Strong Savings Habits From the Start!
The HNB Kid’s Savings Club is a great resource for kids up to the age of 14 to learn the value of savings. As a penny saved is a penny earned, the Kid’s Savings Club aims to provide tools and engaging activities to support the development of strong savings habits that will lead to strong money management skills.
HNB's friend, Blu, is also here to help kids build strong financial habits for the future. He looks forward to connecting with you throughout the year as we all work to build our savings skills and keep our communities growing strong!
Features and Benefits:
- Must be opened with a parent/guardian over the age of 18 serving as custodian or joint account owner
- Interest is earned daily on all account balances
- Interest is credited and compounded quarterly at the prevailing rate
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit
- VISA® ATM Card
- Telephone Banking
- eStatements and Notices
Access courses, articles, games and more to help your children learn about money at age-appropriate levels.
- $5.00 minimum balance at account opening
- No minimum balance requirements
- Must be under the age of 14
- Upon attaining the age of 14, the account will automatically convert to The U Club® Savings Account unless otherwise specified by the parent/guardian
Recommended Products and Services:
Financial Building Blocks
Visit Money as You Grow for additional tips and information on how to encourage children to build strong savings and money management habits early.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Honesdale National Bank website pages are presented solely to educate and entertain children. The content of this site is not intended to be relied upon by adults for any purpose except to support the educational and entertainment activities of children. This site contains links to other web sites, in order to assist users in locating and accessing information that may be of interest. We do not warrant linked sites for any purpose. Further, the inclusion of a link to another site does not constitute an endorsement by us of the site, its owner(s) or any products or services advertised on the linked site.